The kitchen is the heart of the home. This is the place where the entire family comes together to bake bread, cook and make hot drinks. To many people, this is the most important part of your house, so it is important to get the design right.
In this article, we would like to share some kitchen design tips. Use these tips to understand how you can perfect your kitchen décor and style your kitchen in a way that is practical and aesthetically pleasing.
What is a Kitchen Worktop?
A worktop is a horizontal work surface found in kitchens primarily for preparing food. Kitchen work surfaces can be made of different, good-quality stones such as granite or quartz. If you want to create an old-world charm, wood would also work well.
Importance of Kitchen Worktop
Owing to their usage and hygiene requirements, kitchen worktops are extremely important. This is what your versatile kitchen worktop does for you:
- Stores your essentials: From essentials to electrical appliances such as microwaves, hot pans, jars and basic crockery, everything is kept on the kitchen worktop. These everyday essentials make the surface loaded and therefore, the worktop must be strong and durable.
- A place to eat: In most modern kitchens, the worktop is used as a place to eat with family and friends. Having a warm and comfortable kitchen space becomes a must in such cases. Choosing the right kitchen décor that is both functional and looks great will make a real difference to your home.
- Help in everyday chores: A worktop becomes a living part of your kitchen, assisting you with everyday chores. If the surface is not heat resistant or durable enough, it might break obstructing the day-to-day tasks. Being at the core of the chores, thus, requires more attention.
While planning a kitchen you must consider every part of it. Kitchen layout mistakes or other common mistakes in choosing the right worktop or kitchen cabinets can be a waste of money but might be unsightly and unsafe.
Top 7 Ideas To Ensure Your Work Surface Is Stylish.
Multiple kitchen design options can be used by kitchen renovators or people making a new kitchen to give it an aesthetically pleasing look. Here are some ideas on how to decorate a kitchen:
- Re-doing classic styles: Nothing is too old or too new when it comes to blending different styles. One of the best ways to make your kitchen unique is to re-do the classic styles such as wooden kitchens with more modern materials.
- Use the same worktop: A good idea is to match the same worktop over different things such as breakfast bars or an island.
- Wooden worktops: An excellent kitchen cabinet decor can be worked out by incorporating a wooden look. Wooden surfaces are now available in different shapes and styles to give your kitchen a warm look. The new wooden worktops are also easier to maintain and can provide a variation to the classic look.
- Granite worktops: Another excellent option is to use a granite worktop. Granite has outstanding qualities such as heat resistance, stain resistance, scratch resistance and is easier to maintain than some other kitchen surfaces. Additionally, the plethora of colour options available in granite can offer a fabulous new look for your kitchen.
- Compact worktops: Among many kitchen decor ideas is also the modern compact worktops usage. They are sleek and stylish and can bring in a lot of features such as waterfall breakfast bars or statement splashback features. These worktops with their flexibility can be a great modern solution.
- Quartz worktops: Quartz worktops have always been seen as a stylish option. These can give a smooth appearance to your kitchen in a variety of colours at affordable prices. If you have a busy kitchen, then going with an elegant quartz worktop can be a great choice.
- Match the worktops to the shelves: Don’t forget that looking at different colour combinations can create a visual impact to your kitchen.
Stop by at Stone Valley Work Surfaces to find solutions for all your kitchen worktop needs. We can help you get the best worktops for all shaped kitchens. The Kitchen worktops in Manchester can help you to design the perfect white kitchen, wooden kitchen, or modern kitchen you desire. Style your kitchen with the best products from Stone Valley Work Surfaces!